Monday 28 May 2012

My Scooty.... My Teacher


Hi Friends,
Sharing with you something  very simple and practical. In case, there is a bit of skeptism in your mind about the theory, I hope this experience will wipe it off. It was indeed an AH-HA factor for me!

The theory of what I am going to share with you is not new at all however, the experience surely is.
With the roads , metro work and the rickshaw drivers refusing to ply short distance, I decided to take up  scooty riding lessons. It’s been 5 days now and the experience has been quite interesting.

So, here I go……..I take the scooty in an open ground and practice on it for half an hour. One the first day, it was quite scary and I would look at the stones and other hurdles. The first thought that would come to my mind  “Oh, I should Not go over it” and  this happened quite often not only with the stones, but with the craters, roots of trees , water hose to name a few and invariably I would go over them(I am sure this happened with all of us) .  I also dashed into a teenage boy who did not get hurt but I got utterly shaken up. In retrospect, this was quite interesting ….I thought. The next day, I came up with a plan to save myself and others from the terror of  a terrified rider on a  teeny weeny scooty.

Next day, I started off as usual and in the entire half and hour I did not bump on any of the stones , roots,  water hose or any uncles and aunts who were on their morning walks.

What was the reason.. not that I have mastered riding the scooty..

The tactic was very simple. I simply had to replace the command triggers from  my mind of  “ I should not go over it”  to   “ I will go on the smooth path ” at the sight of the smallest of the hurdles.  So, replacing the  “NO” with “what I wanted”  did the trick. It was all about where I put my energies in! And this is  precisely what  POSITIVE THINKING was and is all about as a very simple and real life example. One can extrapolate it to any of the life’s wants and drives and am sure "living kingsize" would not be a dream anymore!
So dear friends, let’s start asking for what we want to the universe instead of What should NOT have happened to us or What we DO NOT WANT”
Negative Thoughts
Replace with Positive ones
So much problems and miseries I have to face. Pls GOD get the miseries out of my life
I want peace and happiness always
Why don’t you understand
Let’s see how we can understand better/ I want a beautiful relationship.
It’s not my fault
Let’s look for solutions/ I want win win  solutions
I am being treated very badly by my spouse, mother in law, son, teacher etc..
I am happy to have a home, a family an educator, an offspring. I will make my life beautiful.
Oh GOD , I don’t want to flunk the exams
I want to pass with flying colours

Food for Thought: Before signing off as good read,  ask yourself  a question: Where will I put my energies today?

Cheers to Life
Sulochana Prashant Amin


1 comment:

  1. really liked this and such a good simple down to earth example to explain such a HUGE truth.

    Reading this inspires me to practice looking at my thoughts - in the past, I have done it but often I forget to keep a watch and observe. Will start the practice again

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts